Our Environmental Policy
STATEMENT OF INTENT
Hale Construction Ltd respects the environment and communities in which we operate. When designing, planning, constructing or maintaining built infrastructure, we are committed to conducting our operations in an environmentally and socially responsible manner to achieve environmentally sustainable solutions.
We will therefore work closely with our people, clients, partners, designers and supply chain to:-
- respect and contribute positively to local communities by reducing the effects of noise, dust, disturbance and inconvenience arising from our activities
- reduce our waste and increase our re-use and recycling of materials
- reduce our direct and indirect water use
- deploy low environmental impact materials and to source responsibly
- use our influence with our supply chain and in the markets in which we operate to offer sustainable solutions that improve the quality of life for the communities and individuals that we serve We are committed to engaging with professional, regulatory, institutional and organisations to ensure we meet industry standards.
We are committed to establishing, implementing and reviewing corporate objectives to drive continual process improvement so that we:
- continually improve our environmental management system to enhance our environmental performance
- comply with all legal and Hale Construction Ltd requirements as an absolute minimum
- consult those affected by our work and respond promptly to any complaints or incidents and report these in accordance with Hale Construction Ltd requirements
- improve energy efficiency in all our operations
We will actively involve our people and ensure through training that they are aware of the environmental impacts of their activities and know how to operate responsibly. This Policy seeks to deliver the environmental aspects of our Blueprint – our strategy to become a more sustainable business – and is an integral part of everything we do. For us, environmental limits, profitable markets and healthy communities, the key themes of Blueprint, are not competing interests, they are closely connected. We want to achieve our wider sustainability aspirations through protecting the environment and supporting communities with sound environmental practices and solutions.
Responsibility for this Policy ultimately lies with the Managing Director of, Hale Construction Ltd and day to day implementation of the Policy is the responsibility of operational management and functional heads with the HS&E Manager responsible for the provision of specialist HS&E support. All employees have a responsibility to comply with this Policy and its associated arrangements.
Significant environmental aspects will be communicated to interested parties and arrangements for the control of these environmental activities are contained within the Business Management System, which fully satisfies our forth coming accreditation to ISO 14001. The effectiveness of these arrangements and our performance against Company objectives is routinely monitored and reported to the Company Executive Leadership Team. This Policy aligns with Hale Construction Ltd Group policies and will be reviewed annually as a minimum. This Policy will be brought to the attention of all employees, supply chain partners and persons working on behalf of the Company. It will also be freely available to the public via the Company website.
JG Hale Managing Director February 2016
Author; MP Whelan HSE Manager